HOME BIBLE CHURCH MINISTRY
- What is Home Bible Church
HBC stands for home bible church. It is a gathering of believers that meet at home. They gather in small groups(cell groups) in homes for the purpose of fellowship, prayer and breaking of bread. It is where the true church ministries excel in all areas. People are evangelized, nurtured and equipped for service, and where members build up [edify] one another. It is a community where believers are called to be accountable and totally transparent with one another.
HBC ministry is based on the principle of the church of the apostles. The church met daily and was united. They followed the doctrine of the apostles and met from house to house breaking bread, praying and fellowshipping together. HBC ministry is a base for higher level of ministry in the church. It is the backbone of the JCC ministry.
True fellowship is not studying and praying by yourself. It is not sitting down to have coffee and snacks with another Christian. True Christian fellowship occurs when we allow Christ to open the spiritual dimensions of our lives to one another. Fellowship is a triangular relationship which exist when at least two believers meet together and they happen to be walking with God. It has to consist of the following:
- Application and submission to God's word. ]John 8 : 31-31]
- Unconditional acceptance of each other. ]John 17 : 21-23]
- Absolute forgiveness for each other. [Ephesians 4 : 32]
- Genuine support and total confidentiality. [Galatians 6 : 2]
The goal of the believer’s fellowshipping together is edification. It is only in the HBC where intimacy and close communion is made possible that true edification can take place. [1 Corinthian 14:26)
- Fellowship: The word of God commands us not to neglect the gathering together of brethren's as some of us does and through the HBC ministry people meet to fulfil this command. Growth: Through the breaking of bread which is the word of God, prayer and participation in the HBC activities people grow spiritually, socially, emotionally etc.
- Exposure: HBC is a place where ones talents and gifts are recognized through active participation of HBC activities.
- Love: It a place where true love is practiced following the example of the early church.
- Care: Through HBC people get to know one another dipper. If any one has a need it is shared amongst the members and taken care accordingly and appropriately.
- Reaching out: HBC ministry reaches out to the sinners in the estates and share the good news of the kingdom bringing many to Christ.